Friday, February 20, 2009

February 20, 2009

My fingernails needed a good clipping. I have always been one to clip on the fly. It wasn’t until I watched a Malcolm in the Middle episode when the oldest brother was staying with a friend and they showed how horrible it was to live with this friend by showing the friend clipping his nails in the middle of the room—not even in a trash can. I was blown away. Whoa, clipping straight into a trashcan. It’s like when you realize that some people use different sponges to wash dishes and wipe counters or that some people think that the kid dies at the end of the Giver—until you find someone who feels the other way you didn’t even realize the other possibility existed. Ever since that episode, I intended this to be my modus operandi. Sadly, my "intentions" rarely hit the mark as my accuracy is, apparently, lacking.
(I was aiming for the small cluster where there is a slight concentration of about 8 clippings a little to the right of the center. 5 clippings did not make it on the chair.)

Frankie made homemade pasta. Euphie tried to help him. We’re usually all for letting kids help with chores despite the fact that finishing those chores takes a little longer when a kid is helping. However, the fact that the ingredients Euphie likes to add don't really work for food meant she got shooed away. No worries though, she moved right on the next best thing and provided Adelaide some dinner of rice cereal flakes. She provided them right on Addie’s head.


Segment 1 of things Frankie says when I wake him up in the middle of the night to do stuff for me

“Frankie. Frankie, go check on Euphie.” Smack, smack, smack.
Shake Shake. “Frankie, Frankie. Go check on Euphie.”
“Hmm, Okay.” Nothing…
Shove. Shove. “Frankie, go check on Euphie. I thought I heard something.”
“But I don’t have my tape measure.”
Giggle. “Hmm. Yeah, maybe there’s one in Euphie’s room. Why don’t you go see.”
“Can't I use yours?”

2 comments:

Chelsea and Glen said...

I laughed through that whole thing. First of all, that is the first time I have ever seen fingernail clippings on a blog, secondly, half awake Frankie is hilarious (or Half asleep, however you want to look at it.)

Chelsea and Glen said...

It would have to be spelled staticky because if you think of other words that end in 'c' you always have to add a 'k' for the adverb or adjective or past participle. For example: panicky, trafficked, magicked, etc.