Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February 11, 2009

Euphie drew on her chalkboard quite a bit. Her works are mainly carefully placed lines and dots, but Frankie is most proud of a drawing from awhile back. She proudly brought us to her gallery and showed us the masterpiece she labeled “Ball”--her fourth favorite genre of objects after cars, cups, and binkies. I am impressed at how well contained its form is. Frankie simply can’t get over the skill it took to achieve the three dimensional look with its shading and depth.

One of the many responsibilities of a parent is to never compare their children. That's why I dressed Adelaide up in the exact same outfit (albeit with a few extra stains) that Euphie wore when she was ten months old.


































Frankie plucked my eyebrows tonight. Yeah, that’s right. I make my husband pluck my eyebrows. The basic shape is already there, so he just does upkeep on the random strays. Hey, he's the one who has to like them. It’s good times. I get to just sit there, and he gets to cause me pain for making him do it.

I would like to think that we have and will continue to instill good gaming taste to our children. At the wee ages the girls are still at, I don’t expect them to get into any of the high quality more mature games, but I am proud of Euphie complaining when she can’t log a daily minimum of 30 minutes into sliding down hills in Mario 64. This is why I was rather perturbed today when I looked up and saw that she had downloaded the Scene It! demo on Xbox Live. I mean, Scene It! isn’t bad or anything—but if you were going to go on a rogue download behind your parent's back, is that really what you would choose?

1 comment:

Chelsea and Glen said...

Let's see... a pertinent comment... Um... I want to play Mario Kart... No... That won't do... I think Adelaide is gorgeous! The only difference between the two is Euphie's long hair.