Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12, 2009

I have had one of those calcium deposits (the ones you have to just smack really hard with a book if you want them to go away) on my head for awhile now. I often feel it when I’m otherwise just chilling. I thought I felt what might be a second one, and my immediate response was, “Whoa, it’s weird, but I think they might be in a line.” That’s right. I managed make two points into a line. I’m a friggin’ genius.

I was planning on taking some pictures today, but the batteries were dead. Was it because digital cameras are just so hard on batteries these days? No. Was it because Adelaide figures if they give various electronics power, they might give her power, too, if she tries really hard to eat the energy right out of them? The twenty-odd pictures of the floor and Euphie’s feet make me think the answer to that one is no as well.

We had teriyaki chicken rice bowls for dinner tonight. I got up at some point to get a cup or something for Euphie. I had taken a couple of bites so far with a fork I had gotten myself because I don’t trust plastic ones. When I came back, there were two forks in my bowl—one metal and one plastic. So my question is, “Where the heck did the plastic fork come from?” Did someone put a second fork in there because they didn’t see my other one and thought they were doing me a favor? Did someone take a bite out of my bowl because they thought I wouldn’t notice? I don’t know who put the fork in and if they didn’t see my fork or they just didn’t care, but my curiosity is getting out of control.

Update: Although Frankie did not put the fork in the bowl, after seeing two forks in it he assumed some sort of community pot and had some of my chicken. The mystery continues.


1 comment:

Chelsea and Glen said...

First of all, your background makes me want ice cream. Secondly, I love Euphie and Addie. Thirdly, you live with anyone who could have been the fork culprit, why not ask around? Fourthly, it's good to see you laugh when Euphie falls. Little kids need to understand that falling is a part of life and freakin' hilarious.